(Amended 17th January 2012)
1) The Society shall be called Nelson Camera Club.
2) The objectives are to aid all photographers by lectures, demonstrations and competitions.
3) Meetings are to be held on Tuesday evenings, commencing at 7.30pm.
4.1) Members' subscriptions shall be determined at the Annual General Meeting and become due immediately after the A.G.M.
4.2) Anyone joining the club in July, August or September will be charged half subscription.
4.3) Anyone joining the club in October, November or December will be charged a full year’s subscription. This will also cover the 12 months from the 1st January following commencement of membership.
5.1) The Committee shall consist of :
Syllabus Secretary Treasurer
Two ordinary members (who are elected annually)
5.2) A quorum for a committee meeting shall consist of 5 members.
6.1) The Annual General Meeting shall be held in January, at which the accounts for the 12 months ending on 31st December shall be presented.
6.2) The quorum for the A.G.M. shall be a minimum of 50% of the club membership.
7) The Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy occurring on the resignation of any officer.
8) Any alteration or addition to this constitution shall only be made at the A.G.M. or at a Special
General Meeting. The proposed amendment to be stated in writing and handed to the Secretary 28 days prior to the date of the meeting. Any alteration to the constitution can only be made by a minimum of 2/3rds of the membership being in agreement.
9) A Special General Meeting can only be called upon the requisition of not less than seven members. 21 days notice of a Special General Meeting to be given in writing to all members.
10) An Annual Competition shall be held and the entries displayed at an Exhibition held during March of that year.
11) Members and visitors under 18 years of age must be accompanied at all meetings and other events by a parent or guardian, or an adult with the specific agreement of the parent/guardian who will be responsible for their safety and conduct at all times.
12) A copy of this constitution is to be distributed to each member.
13) If the Committee decides it is necessary to dissolve the Club, any assets remaining after the satisfaction of any debts shall be given to other charitable institutions having similar objectives